Friday, August 2, 2013

A BitterSweet Parting With Pune

Two months seems like such a long period- I would never have thought that it would pass by this quickly! Thinking back to mid-May, I was oblivious to how my summer would take shape, what I would learn, who I would meet, and how I would change. And yet, here I am two months later. I've gained and learned a lot in this time- it's been a journey- both academic and cultural. I've met students from all backgrounds, different from my own, learned about computer programming, Raman Spectroscopy, and been spellbound by inspiring talks from renowned speakers in diverse scientific fields from global leaders. In many ways, this summer was unlike any previous one, because I had so many opportunities. IISER-Pune is truly a world class institution, and in such a vibrant place, I was able to meet well known figures- my love for science, too, has therefore grown!
Socially, the experience was unparalleled as well, having made connections with my mentors and developed nice friendships that I hope will last beyond this summer. The past couple of days were so difficult because of all of the goodbyes!
I guess all good things must come to an end...

Here is a couple group photos with my old lab and new mentor:
The Puranik Lab- minus Vishakha



Goodbye & Thanks Professor Raghav!

For the next week, I'll be internet-less, but I'll be at my grandparents- free from work, perhaps doing some (last minute) shopping, and enjoying good old home cooked food while trying my hand at cooking! It will be a nice change, and I'll be sure to value it, since I don't know when I'll be back in Pune.. But I know I'll be back, because I'm a punekar at heart.

Keep your eye out for a final post on my entire experience in Pune once I get back to the states!
Until then.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment